Friday, June 3, 2011

BLOG 9 Our Video Game presentation


Our video game idea was based off the movie “Honey I shrunk the Kids.” We thought it would be a very fun and interactive game that allowed the player to experience what life would be like if they were only an inch tall. In our presentation I think we made it pretty clear of the goals. Find parts to the remote to help you get back to normal size. And that within each level there are objectives, such as getting past certain obstacles and avoiding getting stepped on or attacked by bugs. However I believe I weakest point was not explaining the rules well enough. Our weakest point was not telling our potential “investors” the game rules. Within our game you will encounter many obstacles and challenges, and some may be “life ending.” Throughout each level you can be stepped on just three times before having to start the level over again. There is NO CHEATING, so trying to find loop holes to skip levels or return to other ones is not an option. You are unable to move onto the next level till you complete that levels objectives and find the remote part that you need to advance to the final level of the game. I also think we needed to emphasize how lights and sounds would be indicators to our players of what direction they need to go in and if they are on the right path. Our Strongest Point was probably my attention grabber at the beginning of the presentation. In this attention grabber that I completely winged I feel I made it clear the games Goals and what the player needed to do in order to reach the end of the game. I made it very obvious that the main and ultimate goal is to find each of the parts of the remote in order to return back to normal size, and in the hopes that throughout your characters journey they will learn to not bully nerdy kids or they will be shrunken down to an inch tall. A life lesson for all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment